Sunday, March 16, 2008

Can we slow things down a bit??

Seems like forever since I had the opportunity to post. All good reasons. We had our Friend Fawn from Michigan here for a short visit. It's always good to have her and she never stays as long as either of us would like. We visit and eat and visit and eat. We did make a trip to the local antique mall in town. This was the first time I had been in the restored train depot that now serves as our antique mall. The Historic Society did a wonderful job restoring this building. I spent a whopping $9 and purchased 3 pins I can wear on my business suits. Lots of sparkle and an easy way to update that basic black suite that I get soooo bored with!

Then.... Marla, Callie, Rob & Kegan came for a week. What a great time. I had missed my daughter so much! It's been a year! I was also very worried that Callie would not have any thing to do with me for the first couple of days. Not to worry, I was out the door the minute they pulled in the drive way and I could hear Callie giggling and calling for Gramma the minute I cleared the garage! She was out of that car and in my arms and was as excited as I was to see her. She was Grammas girl all week. Rob, the boyfriend was fun and polite and enjoyable.... all the things you hope for. His son Kegan is a great kid too. We sooooo enjoyed our visit. The time went way too fast. We spent one day at the beach. Marla, Rob & Kegan went to Busch Gardens for a day. Callie and I had the whole day alone together. We visited my office and with some friends, went shopping, took a nap, colored, played in the pool and played house (I was the doctor because her baby was sick & she used folded up washcloths as phones). I wish they were still here!

I have been slammed at work with tax season. I did enjoy the week off but have paid for it since with 10-11 hour days. Oh well.... I'm hoping HGTV is around the corner from my house Right now & I win that dream home in the Keys.... Dream on!

As for stitching, I have been working on CDC. The outside circles are all complete. Updated pictures of that soon!

Tomorrow is Bruce's birthday. I have a card, but no gift. Sigh.... guess I will be shopping during lunch tomorrow....

I spent today hooking up a wireless router and updating my laptop, installing a new security suite and figuring out the whole wireless thing. I'm proud to say I was successful! Our main computer bit the dust last weekend, spent 2 days at the computer hospital getting cleaned up and "speeded" up. Bruce has been working day and night to get caught up on his work too. Soooo all that being said, now I have no excuse to not update you on a regular basis. Sorry!

Crap, the HGTV lady has on gloves and a coat. I doubt she is around the corner from my house....


Callie was such a brave girl with the pool this year. We could not keep her out. Last year she would not have a thing to do with the pool (we blame in on the fact that 2 minutes after she got in last year, Grampa did a cannonball...)


Edited: The video did not upload either... sorry!

There is snow on the ground where the HGTV lady is...

I had photos all ready to upload and blogger failed. Will try again tomorrow.

Bedtime. I have to go to work tomorrow because the HGTV lady did not come to my house.... I owe....I owe...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
Stay safe!
~~Martha~~

3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a fun post : )
I'm so glad you've had an exceptional time with friends and family visiting!
And if it makes you feel anybetter the HGTV lady didn't come to my house either... : (
LOL!

Lynn said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I love meeting new bloggers. Did Deb tell you I'm coming to Ft. Myers next week?
Sounds like you had a super time with your family.
I love your CdC! The colours are beautiful. Don't know if I could manage it on a dark background though! My eyes don't like it much. Is it black or navy?

Deb said...

Oh, Martha, a visit with you is the best of vacations! I know your family had a wonderful time. Lynn's coming next week and we have to get some time with her!! So exciting! And, I need some Martha time, too. Let the sunshine...let the sunshine in...the sun shine in...! Hugs, Deb