Friday, November 14, 2008

One more week....

Till I'm no longer in my 40's!
Reality set in the other evening.

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up a few things. It was late. I was tired. I was more than a bit crabby (yes, you can insert the b word here and be 100% correct). I was in a hurry. I hear a voice behind me in one of the aisles.
"Ma'am.... excuse me ma'am".
I turned around to see an elderly man behind me. Sitting in one of those grocery scooter carts.
"Yes", I replied. A bit annoyed at the interruption to my quick shopping trip.
He said "I just have to tell you, you are a very attractive woman".
I was dumb founded and the irritation of the day immediately melted away.
"Oh, that's so nice to hear, thank you so much" I replied. I continued down the aisle, floating a bit off the ground.
Then reality set in....
Used to be young, good looking guys said I was hot.
Maturity. Over the hill.
Ugh.


Thank you all for your encouragement on the canvas piece.
Happy stitching. Stay safe and thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
~~Martha~~

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Awww. Hugs for you.

I've tagged you! See my blog for details!