Sunday, April 26, 2009

My little brother got married

last night. I didn't get to go to the wedding because:
1. it was in Kansas and
2. I was in the jury pool for the week. Stinks to be so far from family... But, in true family fashion, they made sure I didn't miss a thing...

Mr. & Mrs. Clark

The cake, made by the bride

Flat Martha crashes yet another party in Kansas

Having a drink with my little brother

Having a drink with my new sister-in-law

Having a drink with my niece Dee

Having a drink with my niece Jamie

Having a drink with the best man

3 of my brothers

Jamie after cake! Ick!

My great niece Katie and her date heading to the prom after the wedding

My niece Dee and her daughter Courtney

At least now I know why I woke up with a headache this morning!

Sorry, no stitchy pictures this week. Work, yard work, house work, jury duty and facebook have kinda got in my way. Maybe next post will have a stitchy update!
Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe & happy stitching!


Kathy said...

OMG, that wedding looked like you had lots of fun. Too bad you could not have been there. We have been having thunderstorms for the last 2 days. You might not have gotten back home without a boat. LOL!

I will try to get a post done by Tuesday. I did get some stitching done on Sunday. Yea!!!

Theresa said...

What Fun--I am glad you got to share in the Festivities--even if it was through Flat Martha!! Looks like it was a fun time for everyone. Best wishes for the Happy couple!
Take Care
Theresa in NW Kansas

Vonna said...

Flat Martha was having one hell of a good time! Sorry you had to suffer her morning after headache though :(

Bette said...

Looks like you had lots of fun at the wedding. ;-) And no after-effects either. What more could you ask for?

Carol R said...

What fun wedding pictures and it looks like you enjoyed the celebrations too!

I used to attend Court on a regular basis as I worked for a lawyer for way over 30 years. I enjoyed the actual cases but sometimes the waiting around for the case to be heard got a bit much especially if you waited all day and then it was postponed til the next day! Still I always carried a book (maybe I should have taken along some stitching?) A funny story - the morning went well - case being heard and then we broke for lunch. After lunch they started the hearing again but I seemed to be the only one who realised that the defendant wasn't in the dock. I waited for a short while to see if anyone else would realise but no so I leaned forward, tapped the barrister on the shoulder and said "where's the defendant?". He jumped up and stopped the case so they could bring the defendant up from the cells! Well spotted Carol!!!