Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday Night...





And tomorrow is Steamy Sunday Stitching! I can't wait! I made veggie soup for the ladies tomorrow. Nicole is coming! It's been so long since I have got to stitch with her. The camera will be out!

Been a long couple of weeks. Not the best of times. Momma always said if you don't have anything nice to say to just keep your mouth closed, sooooo I guess that's about all I will say! It's onward and upward from here. I did learn an extremely expensive lesson tho, if you make a verbal contract with anyone, no matter how close a relative or how good a friend, do both of you a favor and get it in writing....

Stitching!!!! I have been stitching! Looky-looky!
1. A finish! "A Very Merry Christmas" by JBW Design. This is a Christmas gift for someone....
2. A progress photo, I should finish this tomorrow. From this years Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue, "The Santa In The Moon" by Twisted Oaks Design.
3. Another progress photo: "Jamaica Deb" by The Sunflower Seed. I love the colors in this. Right now, I want to call her Nessa Rose....(I'm reading Wicked!!) Her arms will come soon.
4. This will be my next (maybe!) start, "From The East" by Astor Place. I have had this pattern for eons and can't decide if I want to stitch it as charted, or, stitch each King individually??? And make pillows??? I'm 99% sure, now, I think... I will stitch as charted. Let me know what you would do if you were me....

I may falter and start the Glendon Place pumpkins... I'm soooo in love with that piece too...

Last night we had a wonderful evening! It was very much needed after the last week. We (dear hubby & I) went to dinner with 3 other stitchers and their husbands! It was so much fun and the pizza place, Nino's, in Ft Myers was the best pizza I have ever had. Julia & Sam, Eleanor & Alan, and Deb (Lavender Rose) & Anthony had a great time getting to know each other, eating, laughing, talking about stitching... I'm sure Deb will post photos on her blog!

My little girl, Marla, turned 28 this week. I'm still finding it hard to believe. Just yesterday she was a baby... I just can't believe she is 28.... Several months ago we were talking on the phone & she was telling me all about this new, wonderful man in her life, he does this for a living, he drives that, he has worked at his job for this many years, he owns this, he owns that.... blah blah blah.... and I say to her "Marla, how OLD is this guy anyway?"..... She replied, "He's 32." I replied: "MARLA JANE!".... silence.....then......she replied..... "Mother, I'm 27." I replied "Oh." I'm thinking I'm having this conversation with my 16-17 year old child.... sigh..... I miss her tons! Love her more.

Off to finish my laundry, get a few stitches in & tidy up a bit for tomorrow. More later! Stay safe!
xoxo
~~Martha~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the 3 magi piece, the colors and design or magnif! to do one or all, that is the question. it depends on your motivation and how you would like to see it finished. You could do each one as ornaments or if you are feeling industrious, do the whole piece, it would make a lovely christmas time accent to your holiday decorations. But don't do just one magi, without the others, remember there were 3 magi, so any way you slice it, if you stitch 1, you'll need to stitch them all. Just my opinion. I really enjoy your blog and am glad I found it and thanks for visiting mine as well.

Anonymous said...

oopsy on spelling, I meant to say: the colors and design ARE magnif!