Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Blahs...



!~!~!~!~! H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y U S A !~!~!~!~!

No stitchy updates, sorry! I guess I'm in a slump! Nothing is keeping my attention. Not sure why??? I'm having loads of fun surfing other blogs and seeing what everyone else is working on and trying to find "the piece". Wonder if I'm just in sticker shock over getting a price to get the last piece framed?? I'm reading Whispers of the Bayou by Mindy Starns Clark. Also working on tassels for the upcoming class at Golden Needle. I bought "Getting Started with Seed Beads" by Dustin Wedekind from Amazon this week. Great book! I'm seeing beads in a different light (Don't tell my EGA & ANG ladies that!).

I've been thinking how to describe Graham Crackers! Yes, they are a sweet biscuit, but not too sweet. They are great with chocolate frosting (used to used the left over cake frosting and spread it on a graham cracker and make a sandwich). Really, they look like a piece of cardboard but taste 10000 times better, especially with a piece of chocolate and a warmed marshmallow!

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe!
Happy stitching!!
~~Martha~~

3 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Thanks for the description of your crackers. They sound a wee bit like the ones we call Morning Coffee Biscuits - well I will give it a try sometime lol, but not this week I am trying to have a sweetie free week, as since retiring I have become such a nibbler.

Bette said...

Martha, I recently got over a 3-yr stitching slump. My adivce is to do something else for a while. Check out new designers, patterns, magazines. Something will strike your fancy and boom, you're off again. In the meantime, graham crackers and chocolate icing just sounds delicious!

Kathy said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I took my Quaker Christmas to the frame shop today. The total cost is going to be $95 with tax. I don't have glass put on so that cuts back on cost too.

You could send me your CdC and let me know what you are thinking of for a frame and we could get it framed and shipped back to you for a whole lot less than $365. Just a thought.