Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Warning, lots of pictures!
Thanks so much for all your well wishes regarding the tropical weather we have been watching. I'm praying for the safety of the people on the Gulf Coast. Tis the season... I'm ready for November!


SSNES project for 08/24/2008 Mosey N Me Santa's Trimmings from JCS Christmas Ornaments 2004

Stitching with DMC on 28 ct linen. I think this is going to be the ornament for the Grandkids this year. I'm having a hard time getting excited about it! I hope the new JCS Christmas Orney book has some awesome stuff!



SSNES project for 08/31/2008 2003 NATS Show Ornament, Slice of Santa

Stitching on 28 ct tan monocloth.
I thought I would try this and see if I liked it better than the one above!
I'm really not liking it any better! Can you say AADD??

SSNES project for 08/31/2008 Susan Greening Davis Needle Nook

Oh yeah! some bright colors! Stitching this on 28 count watercress Joelan with Needle Necessities 1931. will also use some DMC in the same colors as the NN. I am going to finish this off as a thread caddy.


Once a quarter, our EGA Chapter has an "Overnighter", but, since we are all so old and can't stay awake all night, it's officially a Midnighter. this Friday was the night. We met at Ronald McDonald house and enjoyed dinner together. Lots of yummy foods. then it was time for fun and games. We played my version of Stitchers Stash Bingo also known as Everybody wins Bingo. We all brought Dollar Store items for this. My gosh, you would have thought we all won gifts from Tiffany's! I was a bit concerned a couple of times that we might get evicted from RMcD for outrageous behavior! I was the Bingo caller, so, sorry, no pictures of bingo. Then it was time to play Floss Toss LRC. My goodness, those women love to gamble!

Midnighter Stitching LRC Gambler Patty and Julia


EGA Midnighters Stitching LRC Gamblers Virginia, Melissa & Deb


EGA Midnighters Stitching LRC Gamblers Linda and Melinda



Finally, at 9pm, I think, we all got down to some serious (??) stitching.
Midnighters finally stitching





EGA Midnighters Stitching. Linda & Barbara


Also this past week, was stitch night at Golden Needle. Several months ago I saw this new stitching lamp on one of the stitching websites and knew I had to have it. Kathy ordered for me and finally it arrived. I used it at the stitch in Friday night and absolutely love it! It uses 3 D cell batteries or electric. It is light weight and not a PITA to transport from site to site. I hate to admit it, but it's getting really hard for me to see to stitch if I don't have magnification and good lighting. the lamp is $100 and well worth every penny.
New lamp!


That's about all from the Florida Gulf Coast.
Stay safe!
Happy Stitching!
xoxo
~~Martha~~

4 comments:

Bette said...

Martha, you and your friends always look like you're having such fun. So glad the storms missed you.

Nicole said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Wish I could have been there! I miss you all!

Carol R said...

Your mid-night stitch-in looked great fun. Maybe I will get to join you one year?
Keep safe from those threatening storms

LODY said...

your stitching night photos are wonderful. i'm sure everybody had fun.:)