The flu is bad. I'm not a good sick person. This has been my view since noon on Wednesday.
Dear Mr. Wonderful. He is going to kill me when he sees this picture. He has been such a good nurse! Poor guy had cataract surgery on Wednesday and came home for me to take care of him. What a trooper.
Things I have learned the last few days:
Daytime tv sucks.
Night time tv sucks.
Thank God for the Hallmark Channel (Little House on the Prairie is on for 4 hours a day!) and HGTV
Don't watch Anthony Bourdine when you are sick.
My ceiling fans on the laini need cleaned. Bad
The ceiling fan in the family room needs cleaned.
The hide-a-bed is not comfortable.
You can survive 3 days on Vernors Ginger Ale and white rice.
I miss stitching, but looking at it waiting for me is a comfort.
I don't care what did or did not happen at work.
Tamiflu helps, but man is it expensive!
Needless to say, no stitching this week. Maybe today. After my late morning nap.
Deb at http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/ had this little list thingy on her blog. Thought I would play along. Especially since there were numerous times the last few days I wished my life was over... hoping that truck that hit me on Wednesday would back up and put me out of my misery...
Anyway, here's the fun questionnaire:
Things you have already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to: leave in plain font
1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band does junior high school orchestra count?
4. visited Hawaii
5. watched a meteor shower
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to Disneyworld
8. climbed a mountain
9. held a praying mantis--- I hate bugs!
10. sang a solo
11. bungee jumped---once. Never ever again
12. visited Paris
13. watched a lightning storm at sea--we have awesome lightening storms on the gulf coast
14. taught yourself an art from scratch
15. adopted a child - if I were young enough...
16. had food poisoning
17. walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. grown your own vegetables
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. slept on an overnight train
21. had a pillow fight
22. hitch hiked - once, when my new step cousin from California came to visit us in Kansas. I just knew we were going to get hacked to pieces...
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill--I can't lie well enough to pull this one off
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping
27. run a marathon
28. ridden a gondola in Venice
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset -We also have beautiful sunsets on the Gulf coast
31. hit a home run
32. been on a cruise
33. seen Niagara Falls in person -- thanks to Chris!
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. seen an Amish community
36. taught yourself a new language
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing
40. seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. sung karaoke
42. seen Old Faithful (geyser) erupt
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited Africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight
46. been transported in an ambulance
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing
49. seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. been to the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris
51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. kissed in the rain
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theater
55. been in a movie
56. visited the Great Wall of China
57. started a business
58. taken a martial arts class
59. visited Russia